Last week had some highlights and lowlights. Let’s start off with the good. I made up some fajita enchiladas last week for Cinco de Mayo. DH really enjoyed them! And I even made the tortillas myself too. I was pleased all in all with the results.
And now, the bad. I hadn’t purchased sweet potatoes here before, but I did last week. I baked a couple of them one day. They turned out much differently than I’d anticipated. They sliced like a regular baked potato, and they were yellow and barely had any of the sweetness that we are used to in the States. They definitely were not orange and tender! The really sad thing is that DH hates baked potatoes and I am afraid these were a bit too much like baked potatoes. Oh well, now we know that sweet potatoes here are strange. I hear that they are quite good boiled.
Here’s what I have planned for this week!
- Scrambled tofu on toast
- Blueberry Grunts (except I just thicken blueberries in apple juice with cornstarch, and use biscuit mix on top)
- Cereal (2 days)
- Roasted potatoes, Nutee Supreme, vegetables
- Mad Cowboy bowl (I tried this once at Native Foods restaurant in Orange County. I absolutely loved it! I hope I can find the right ingredients to try and make it here. If you don’t have it, pick up a copy of the Native Foods cookbook. The recipe for this is in there!)
- Lasagna (yes, carryover from last week’s menu. Didn’t get around to it then).
- A loaf, possibly made into meatballs, using Magic Loaf Studio, and topped with something yummy… to be determined.
- The rest of the lunches will probably be leftovers.
(some days we don’t eat suppers because we schedule our lunches halfway through the afternoon due to work schedules)
- Vege-chicken salad sandwiches (made with soy curls)
- Cream of celery soup
In addition, I’m going to put some breakfast burritos away in the freezer along with perhaps some meatballs.
Visit OrgJunkie for more menu plans!