Mother’s Day is coming up in a few days! Have you thought about what to get your mom yet?
Here are a few great ideas that I’ve seen for making your own gift:
- Give Mom a tea party! A really cute basket idea from Life As Mom (Total she spent was $4.18! It’s so cute you’d never know.)
- Download a FREE e-book with wonderful crafts you can make that are sure to please Mom.
- A charming recipe journal that can be made with help from your kids!
- Another beautiful project that your kids can help with: ceramic trivets!
- How to make a Mother’s Day gift basket — many of the things on this idea list can be bought at discount stores like Big Lots or picked up with coupons.
Now, let’s say you don’t have time or, like me, you can’t ship her something you made for whatever reason. You can still send her something handmade that will make her feel special! Think Etsy! I love shopping on Etsy.com. I can always find something pretty for the occasion. Here are a few beautiful things that I found when I recently browsed, looking for Mother’s Day gifts (and I don’t get compensated for linking to any of these — I just had fun browsing and picked these out all by myself):
- A Gardener’s Gift Set — so cute! I love the packaging and brown and green. This would be perfect for your Mom if she has a green thumb.
- A flat-rate box full of natural, homemade soaps, tea lights, and lip balm.
- A very spring-like flower pot stuffed with goodies: soap, hand cream, lotion, and garden gloves.
- Going with a spa theme, here are some spa socks and foot butter in a beautifully-decorated box.
- A darling family of wooden owls that can be personalized. How cute is that?!
- Three pretty lavender sachets — I bet they smell wonderful!
- Yellow and blue reversible placemats with matching yellow napkins
Of course, you can always find great gifts on Amazon.com:
- An adorable blue Jessie Steele apron
- A gardening bench with pouches for all Mom’s tools — not a bad price for such a gadget, either!
- Of course, you can always buy a gift card from Amazon. Not only do they sell Amazon gift cards, but they also sell from other retailers as well!
(Please note, I am an Amazon affiliate, so when you click to order on Amazon via links on my blog, I do get a small compensation. Thanks for supporting Island Homemaker!)
Happy shopping or crafting! I hope you have plenty of fun.